Sunday, August 26, 2007

Belmar

So Belmar it was! Arrived there about 10, bought a $7 daily beach badge at Fifth Avenue and found a place in the sand between the Third and Second Avenue beaches, settling in to relaxing with Business Week and the NY Times. The day was a bit overcast, so it was not crowded. Enough souls for people-watching, of course, but only mildly populated. About noon I got the courage to try the water (cold!) and was battered about by waves. Getting hungry, I found a restaurant nearby and had a BLT.

After lunch, I wasn't quite ready to leave, so I made my way back to my piece of beach and relaxed for another hour or so, along with another splashing time in the surf. Two o'clock and it was time to head out and back to the apartment.

The cat was happy to see someone home--she's even assisted in writing here this afternoon.

No comments: